Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Decorative Fall Tree

Every year, it never fails. I go out, spend way too much money on decorations for Fall and Christmas, and come home saying, "Why did I do that?" I love decorating for the holiday season. The only thing I hate is spending the money to support my obsession.
A few years ago, I was out shopping and found this Fall decorative tree covered in tiny wooden pumpkins. I had to have it! It was perfect until I looked at the price tag. So instead of spending the $30 to take it home, I spent $15 to make it myself. It was so easy, the only challenge was having the time to sit and make it. Luckily, my oldest child was still in that heavenly phase of taking 3 hour naps. So during naptime one day, I sat and made what is now one of my favorite-and cheapest-Fall decorations.

Here's what you need to make my Fall tree:

Styrofoam cone: any size you prefer
Red or black spray paint
Hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
Pumpkin spice potpourri: I usually find some at Target in the decorative section. Just found a package on clearance this past weekend for $7...woo hoo!

Once you have all of your supplies, start by spray painting your styrofoam cone with the red or black paint.
Leave it out over night so it can dry.
When dry, start gluing on the pumpkins, starting at the bottom and winding all the to the top. *The gluing took me a good 2 hrs.*


There you have it! If you aren't crazy about the pumpkins, use any other decoration you can find that goes with your Fall decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!